Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Apologies To S. Petersen, K. Campbell-Robson, and my readers

 Hello everyone,

Yesterday, I posted an interview with the venerable Sandy Petersen about his involvement in the development of the Stormbringer rpg. In it was a reference to the author of the Hawkmoon game, Kerie Campbell-Robson. In a case of mistaken identity, Sandy believed she was deceased.

I posted the interview without checking this fact, and was informed by several readers that, thankfully, Mrs Campbell-Robson was indeed alive and still active in RPGs.

So I'd like to issue a few apologies.

First, to Sandy Petersen, for jumping the gun on posting. It was late and I was tired, but these are poor excuses. Mr Petersen kindly took me into his confidence and shared his insider knowledge and invaluable memories of production at Chaosium. Sandy is a compassionate man, and included the mistaken identity story of a tragic end. However, the fault is mine for posting without fact checking.

I am sorry Sandy.

Next, to Kerie Campbell-Robson, I apologize unreservedly for spreading an erroneous story of her demise. I will try to make up for this by educating myself on her RPG industry achievements, and posting a complete picture of her career achievements and contributions to the Eternal Champion line in future.

Please forgive me, Kerie.

Finally, to my readers, I am truly sorry for disseminating false information. As a one man blog operation who is also a single father and fulltime teacher, I am stretched pretty thin. Still, as a former Media Studies professor, I should have done better.

I hope you will let me make it up to you with content here.

I have redacted the mistaken identity story from the interview, and added the following disclaimer:

NOTE - In the interview, I have redacted the part about Campbell-Robson being deceased. This was a case of mistaken identity. My apologies to Mr Petersen for jumping the gun on publication, and Mrs Campbell-Robson for not checking the fact before posting.

2 comments:

  1. In spite of the mistake, which was good that you apologized for, you had contact with Sandy Petersen! Wow. Myself I had a very brief contact with Greg Stafford a few years back, talking about Pendragon maps. I was mixed up with a bunch of his much more talented fans who was making some excellent material, before he understood I only made home brew maps for my own and my player's need at my table.
    He was nonetheless very kind and understanding. In short, a very nice human being, the little I talked to him.

    //Erik B (Sweden).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, I absolutely love the 1st - 3rd edition of Stormbringer and am a big fan of its chaotic feel, both in character generation and the ritual magic system.

    ReplyDelete