Tuesday, October 22, 2024

Kickstarter Is An Education

KS is a real education. School of hard knocks in a way, especially for indie creators.

It is very hard to make the right decisions.


Case 1 - Shipping

On the one hand, I was told nail down shipping cost details, which is impossible considering I don't know where backers are and what postal rates will be in 6 months. On the other, after posting it was pointed out that most KS don't include shipping, which lowers your overall funding and thus chance of reaching your goal.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.


Case 2 - The Interface

KS is a bit of an unforgiving interface. Once you launch it is hard to go back and change things. Maybe it is my old brain but it is taking some getting used to. I flubbed my digital copy tier so had to create a new one.

But it is all a valuable education.


Case 3 - Outreach

On the one hand, some people have reached out and given great advice. On the other, I am flooded with spam and bots. I was offered a podcast interview, but told they don't do direct messages.

I'm not sure how this is supposed to go. 

BUT

I am LOVING every minute of it!

I am LEARNING every minute of it!

Very grateful I took this chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment