Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Meta-ads and other kickstart considerations

 Hi everybody.







I started running ads for Nuna on Facebook. One week left in pre-launch.

The social media campaign is a mixed bag. Doing well on Facebook and blue sky, Twitter and email list are duds. Have to try and fix that in this last week of pre-launch.

What Is it like a kick starter? Some people only do that for six months to a year in advance with their team. Not me. Go look at Coyote and Crow, an example of a brilliantly executed kickstart campaign.

Some people do a little workshop in their house and line everything up by themselves and get it done in advance. Again not me that’s Ben Milton. And he kills it.

I have connected to lots of Indie designers. Some of them work a year in advance for the team and fail. Some of them slap it together by themselves and succeeded. So there’s a lot of luck involved.

I am leaning into my creative side, learning about marketing, and putting my passion out there. By kickstart followers alone, I could conceivably have half of what I need to fund. But that number is considered 25 to 40% off.

So this week I’m going to try and plug my holes and start kickstart off on the right foot with three weeks of half decent PR behind me.

I am still being a single father to a special-needs child.

I am still working some days, but also taking days off

Most importantly, I am still going for walks in the sunshine with sunny, exercising at night, eating right and slowly getting ready for the move to the West Coast

Wish me all the luck I wish you!

Tedankhamen

No comments:

Post a Comment