Monday, March 10, 2014

Here Be No Dragons or Donjons ‘March Mooniness’ Blogspittle – Day 11



Other blogs can be found HERE.

The questions can be found HERE.

11 What post-apocalyptic RPG have you enjoyed most? Why?



Aside from a session or two of TMNT’s Road Hogs, which was a helluva lot of fun recreating set pieces from Mad Max, I can’t recall playing any. I missed out on Gamma World, and although I play a bit of zombie games, I wouldn’t classify them as post-apoc as such.

I don’t think any post-apoc RPG has created a splash. Instead, video games like Fallout and Borderlands seem to have chewed up all the imaginary terrain of the post-holocaust world. I wonder why that is? Maybe it is harder to game in the ruins of civilization than to interact with living society, and doubly harder to game master. Maybe we see ourselves going that way and it is a little scary as a genre.

I have downloaded Retrocalypse and Atomic Highway and would love to give them a whirl. I’m hoping to read up on cool post-apoc games from other posters!

No comments:

Post a Comment