Monday, March 18, 2024

The Devolution of Roleplaying

It is stories like THIS that make me realize how much roleplaying had devolved into pure trolling for some people.


The player of Old Man Henderson

1) Makes a backstory that lets him have any ability he wants

2) Kills all other player characters

3) Finishes the encounter in a matter of minutes in a HORROR game


I can't believe this is what passes for humour or roleplaying these days. I hope this is a joke.

If not, that Keeper needs a Sanity roll...


4 comments:

  1. It's a pretty old story. Even older is the one from the Hungarian hobby scene from the nineties where they crash into Cthulhu with a silvered truck. There have been players like that since the dawn of the hobby, and GMs who allow their bullshit too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of us are here to have fun WITH everyone, not at the expense of others. Takes all kinds, I suppose, but RPGs have always had 'that player' (That said the silvered truck is kinda funny)

      Delete
  2. In fairness, the original context of the story is the GM had been passive-aggressively rude to the Henderson player and he wanted to nuke shit in response.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know. Still, I would just walk away instead of going out of my way to be an ass. But to each his own I guess.

      Delete