Monday, April 4, 2016

Updates Coming....

Soonish!

Seriously, life is so sweet it has left little time for gaming or the escape from reality I needed the last two terrible years. New work is AMAZING, PhD is done, son is growing like a weed, wife and I are... in a truce.

That said, this blog isn't dead, just dreaming. There are pages of ideas and projects I slowly chip at, but publishing for the career this year takes precedence.

Things will go up when they do.

In the meantime, a little sad reality check. THIS POST about misogyny in the tabletop hobby. I can say it half surprised me, but half made me remember the rude comments and rape simulations I saw women players subjected to back in my gaming heyday.

All I'll say is if you're rolling dice and pretending to be a hero in a fantasy world, you can carry some of that back to the real world and stand up against this and any other kind of bullying you see at a gaming table.

As the old X-Files saying goes, "Well hey, I didn't spend all those years playing Dungeons and Dragons and not learn a little something about courage." Be courageous, be the hero you want to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment