Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Thanks to the Glatisant!

So, it looks like The Glatisant has given this blog a signal boost. For those few who don't know, Glatsiant is the blog / newsletter of Ben Milton, also known as the Questing Beast, the author of Knave. Although I am currently not interested in D&D, I really do appreciate his rigor and enthusiasm for classic gamestyles. He is a breath of fresh air that reminds me of the early days of the OSR before it became a marketing dumpster fire for WotC.



Ben included my post "The Stupidity of Social Skills in Combat" in one of his weekly link roundups. Looking at my analytics, which I never do, I see that it has jumped 10 x in readers.

Thank you Ben! 

I doubt Ben needs the signal boost, as he is a compelling game theorist and expert marketer, but I exhort my readers to give his YouTube channel, his blog, and most importantly, his books a good look. I have some friends who are smitten with Knave, so I'll have to pick up copies when I get some life stability again.

So whether you like D&D or other old games, give Ben a listen.

HERE

(PS Thanks for calling out my error Gordon)



1 comment:

  1. I think Old School Essentials was designed by Gavin Norman. Ben Milton designed Knave and Maze Rats.

    ReplyDelete