I am back from a much needed vacation in the desert of Osoyoos, as well as a stop in Hope, the town where First Blood was filmed. We dodged forest fires, but had a great time hiking the Nk'Mip Culture Center's desert hiking trail. We saw a coyote and lots of birds.
Just what I needed to refresh myself. I have lots of family and work stuff to face eventually, but I also need to keep advancing my game and art projects to keep healthy.
Before diving back into projects, here is the list of things to do for the latter half of the year.
BOOKS
I am in talks with 2 academic publishers about turning my research and teaching into books. I haven't been an academic for 3 years, so this all feels like an older version of myself. But I have finished doing academic 'freebie' articles, and having published a textbook, I know how a book can be revenue for years to come. So I will be chipping away at these, one on debt in Japan, the other on the neoliberal inflitration of US news media.
I also have a book in my head about how I got sonny and myself out of Japan. Less academic but a story worth telling.
GAMES
The next project is Giri-Ninjou, my RPG of the soul of Japan. It is a step away from D100 and trad games into a more narrative play the focuses on cultural constraints and difficult choices.
After that, I'll be churning out the NUNA Corebook.
I also have an idea for a system free bestiary for Moorcockean fantasy that I call The Melancholic Menagerie.
GAMING
I might be running some indigenous games, and trying to figure out how to get a regular Stormbringer game started in anticipation for the Free League version started.
Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment